Financial Services Other
20 - 30 hours/week
08:00 to 17:00
Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
The Malta Office is seeking to recruit a Payments & Audit Officer on part-time basis to join its growing team. The role is intended to support a fast growing team of fund accountants whereby the successful candidate will act as a lead support point of contact to the internal fund accounting teams and carrying out a broad range of support responsibilities to assist with settlements of fees, acting as an audit liaison and reviewing the Net Asset Valuation (NAV) calculation of a portfolio of clients.
The daily tasks include performing payment authorisation accurately and efficiently within defined timescales and according to Company policies and procedures. The settlement process of funds’ fees and redemption proceeds will follow SLAs and banking cut-off timings. The secondary tasks will relate to management of the audit process and review of funds’ NAV calculations.
- Driving and executing payments related to the fund accounting process such as payment of fees and redemption settlements on behalf of a portfolio of clients;
- Ensuring all requests for payments are validated to ensure compliance with approved fee schedules or transfer agency check lists;
- Liaising with the Senior Account Managers in assisting with scheduling of audits and ensuring that audit assignments are completed within timeframes agreed with clients;
- Acting as the liaison officer between auditors and the fund accounting teams;
- Assisting with updating and/or preparation of financial statements;
- Reviewing of NAV calculations;
- Other reporting as required, such as Central Bank Reporting;
- Participating in project teams to support internal procedures;
- Performing back office administrative and other tasks as may be necessary to support the effective operation of the service.
- Relevant experience within a back office / administration office environment;
- Minimum A’ Level standard of education, particularly in Accounting;
- Ability to maintain high standards of accuracy, timeliness and attention to detail;
- Have good attention to detail, adaptability, a keenness to learn and accurate keyboard skills;
- Willingness to positively contribute to the overall achievement of Service Levels and KPIs;
- Proactively contribute to improving the Service, actively identifying opportunities for improvement;
- Ability to work collaboratively and engage across multiple teams;
- Possess excellent numerical and organisational skills;
- Be professional and friendly in all that you do from punctuality and attendance to communicating with colleagues and customers;
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word; and
- Payments experience is preferred, but not essential.
Interested candidates are requested to click on the APPLY HERE button and send their CV via email.
A level standard of education
How to apply
Click on the Apply Here button below to be able to view the contact details linked with this job.