1 - 8 hours/day
07:00 to 17:30
Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
€ 7.04 Per Hour
The Foundation for Educational Services (FES) is receiving applications for the post of part-time Child Support Workers to work during the Skolasajf 2018 programme starting from the 9th July up till the 7th of September 2018. Availability for the first week is required for possible training and preparation. The first day of Skolasajf for staff will be Friday 13th July 2018. Further details will be announced later on.
The duties and responsibilities of a Child Support Worker shall include:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring that the programme of activities delivered is interesting, valuable and appropriate to the children entrusted to your care by providing a variety of play and learning opportunities and identifying and accommodating changing needs.
- Ensuring the safety and well-being of programme users through checking equipment, undertaking safety measures and organising activities appropriate to the users at any given time.
- Ensuring that parents, carers and other visitors receive appropriate information and advice through the centre coordinator.
- Liaising with the class playworker to provide and adapt a variety of appropriate play opportunities and activities for children within your care taking into consideration the children’s needs, cultural backgrounds,e tc.
- Contributing to the accountability of the centre through assisting in the maintenance of agreed records including registers, accident books, etc.
- Evaluation of activity adaptation based on childs’ needs, engagement, etc.
- Lead groups of children in specific sport, games, crafts and learning activities. Manage behaviours and adapt the activity to meet the needs of groups or individuals.
- supporting and collaborating colleagues in the running of Skolasajf activities;
- assisting in the preparation of educational materials and playing an active part in all the components of the instructional and educational process in class;
- promoting an inclusive community of learners, in collaboration with all members of Skolasajf staff where all students are valued and respected. This includes collaborative work in school and with other agencies, such as Resource Centres, Non-Governmental Organizations (NGO)’s and other educational and therapeutic environments;
- participating in hydrotherapy, multi-sensory, sensory integration and other sessions, in Klabb 3-16 / Skolasajf Centres, Resource Centres or other Centres where such services are available, so as to ensure access to educational and personal entitlements of students;
- following guidelines in reports issued to parents by professionals/professional bodies ex. CDAU; promoting at all times the aims, ethos and policies of the Foundation for Educational Services Skolasajf and actively working as a member of the staff team;
- assisting in the preparation, dissemination and use of teaching resources;
- supporting student/s during activities held outside the Skolasajf premises.
Interested candidates are requested to use the APPLY HERE button and apply through JOB URL.
How to apply
Click on the Apply Here button below to be able to view the contact details linked with this job.