1 - 8 hours/day
07:00 to 17:30
Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
The Foundation for Educational Services (FES) is receiving applications for the post of part-time Playworkers to work during the Skolasajf 2018 programme starting from the 9th July up till the 7th of September 2018. Availability for the first week is required for possible training and preparation. The first day of Skolasajf for staff will be Friday 13th July 2018. Further details will be announced later on.
- To provide support/assistance in the day to day operation of the Skolasajf Programme;
- To undertake work with the children in delivering programmes of activities in person.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that the programme of activities delivered is interesting, valuable and appropriate to the children using the facilities by providing a variety of play and learning opportunities and identifying and accommodating changing needs;
- Ensure the safety and well-being of programme users through checking equipment, undertaking first line safety measures and organising activities appropriate to the users at any given time;
- Maximise the learning value of the activities by planning and evaluating activities;
- Contributing to the accountability of the centre through assisting in general administration as directed by the Centre Coordinator or his delegate.
- Assist in the provision of a variety of appropriate play opportunities for children some of whom may require special attention and/or will have come from various cultural and religious backgrounds;
- Lead groups of children in specific sport, games, crafts and other learning activities. Manage behaviours and adapt the activity to meet the needs of groups or individuals. Prepare for activities;
- The playworker will be assigned other duties by the Centre coordinator or his delegate, according to the exigencies of the service. The playworker may also be asked to work between 7am and 5:30pm in centres which offer the extended service;
- The playworker may be expected to attend training sessions as requested by FES management. These hours will be remunerated at the same rate.
Interested candidates are requested to use the APPLY HERE button and apply through JOB URL.
How to apply
Click on the Apply Here button below to be able to view the contact details linked with this job.