Water Treatment and Utilities
Rahal Gdid (Paola)
1 - 4 hours/day
08:00 to 12:00
Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
TUA Engineering is looking to recruit the services of a part time Lab Analyst for its Water Quality Lab.
Although our lab is set-up and a number of procedures exist, these will need further development.
The main responsibilities will include further development of procedures, ensuring proper sample collection and presentation of results.
The ideal candidate should have an undergraduate degree in Biology or Chemistry or other related science discipline but this is not a pre-requisite. Work experience in a similar laboratory will be considered an asset.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the day to day operations of the lab, which includes collecting, analysing and reporting on water samples.
- Develop methodological procedures of water quality testing for current and future equipment.
- Purchase and maintain laboratory equipment and reagents to ensure laboratory efficiency.
- Develop documentation for the laboratory (reports, manuals, safety policy, calibration etc.).
- Aid in researching and developing a plan for the Laboratory to be fully accredited to ISO 17025 standards.
- Research areas where the Laboratory can gain potential clients.
- Liaison with clients and potential clients to promote laboratory services.
- Recommend to management equipment and reagents needed for tests that should be carried out according to national standards.
- Consistently review methodologies to ensure that there is adherence to national standards.
- Promote safety within the laboratory.
Qualifications, Experience and skills:
- Undergraduate degree in Biology or Chemistry or any other science related degree.
- Work experience within a laboratory environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office especially word and excel.
- Effective communication skills both written and oral.
- Ability to communicate technical material to different levels within the business and to external clients.
Interested candidates are requested to use the APPLY HERE button and send their CV via email.
O or A level standard of education
MQF level 4 and MQF level 5
Experience having worked in a similar position
How to apply
Click on the Apply Here button below to be able to view the contact details linked with this job.